Sunday 18 April 2010

Wallingford show

Nothing exciting to report I'm afraid - managed 2 clears this weekend, but both in pairs/teams so not even a clear round rosette to show for my troubles. I never really managed to get my head in gear, although Ella was working well. The worst thing to happen from my point of view was not one, but two messed up weaves! Uh oh, as my baby Callum is fond of announcing when he's thrown some food on the floor for the dogs :-)



But as with anything there were some good things from the weekend:
The weather was very, very kind - I have the sunburn to prove it!
I have three wonderful dogs :-)
- Kai was, as ever, delighted to take a turn in the ring and apart from stealing a little girl's uneaten sandwich, behaved impeccably ;-)
- Ella didn't break a startline, made only one mistake on her contacts but quickly remembered her job, and managed to complete 4 out of 6 sets of weaves correctly first time around. Any knocked poles are my responsibility (and actually so are the incorrect weaves really!), and I promise to try harder girlie!
- Diva played some good tuggy away from the rings, was confident and biddable even in the face of the distraction from a loudspeaker, and was her cheerful and friendly little self which makes most everyone smile :-)
My agility friends :-)
Lel & Hattie for being fabulous grooms on Saturday :-)

Today I am grateful for the warm welcome that greeted me when I returned home, from my lovely children and wonderful parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment