Thursday 14 October 2010

Finding the time

Spare time isn't something that I'm particularly blessed with. My life is pretty busy, filled with lots of wonderful people and animals, and for the most part I'm happy and content. One might wonder how I fit it all in and it's a very good question indeed! Being a wife and mother, owner to 3 dogs, 2 cats and a rabbit - there's no question that all of those roles demand time and thought. I guess really it's a question of perspective.

My Grandmother has never really understood why people keep pets. If I've heard the phrase "They're such a tie" once, I've heard it a thousand times! Quite honestly I've never really considered that my dogs hinder my life in anyway. I suppose because of all the wonderful people and things they've opened my eyes to I consider them life enhancers of the highest quality :-)

My thoughts today are about how perspective can make things positive or negative depending on the outlook you choose to take. I say 'choose' very purposefully, because I believe that we should be very pro-active in the path our lives take throughout this world. Of course it's not always easy to be positive, especially when life's daily demands take their toll - as the mother of a teething youngster I speak from experience! But little things can offer comfort and cheer if only we let them. 

I'm heading out to train baby Diva very shortly, and intend to let her comfort and cheer me up as much as she'd like - it's her speciality, and I rather suspect part of God's plan. I firmly believe these pets of ours are more than just pets - angels with furry faces perhaps? ;-)

Today I'm grateful for my family and friends, who make my own personal journey through life, utterly worth living :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment