Friday 12 December 2008

Consistently clear

To my great delight, Ella & I achieved 3 clear rounds in last Sunday's Wessex league match. I went out with no expectations about what might happen, and instead relaxed and enjoyed running my dog. Just goes to show what's possible doesn't it?! How many times have I given that advice out to people I train? I should really learn to listen to myself and put it into practice!

The upshot of the weekend is that even with these clears under our belt, I know we need to really work on our weave entries. I had to help her get them, and that's not what I want to do. Plus a little 'Wait' & 'Contact' proofing is also on the agenda. At a training session last night I found she would release herself if I threw her toy for her as she was coming down the contact equipment. Although one correction was enough and she didn't do it a second time, just goes to show even the best dogs make mistakes occasionally.

Anyway, last Daybreak classes before Christmas in the morning so off to bed so that I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed to teach. Well as much as a 6 month pregnant instructor can be anyway :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment