Monday 29 December 2008

Martin Tait Training Session

Just back from a great afternoon of training with Martin Tait from Dervish Agility. I organised a group of 6 of us for a special Christmas-season session at the paddock, to combat the lack of agility we've had to endure for 2 weeks :-) Was brilliant and I think we all took something away from it, even those of us who've trained with Martin before. Certainly I benefited from being in a group session with him instructing - it was useful to see the things he's been telling me come alive by watching the other handlers handle their dogs.

Ella was a bit poorly this morning, but soon perked up as we drove up the driveway to the paddock. Then she almost went into raptures when Martin arrived - bliss! :-) Her idea of a good Christmas present! Although noiser than I'd like her, she worked well and was her usual biddable self. Just want to have the baby now and have my body back so that I can move and work her properly! She's such a good girl to work so well even with such a handicap as me - I'm very privileged. I think that's what some of the barking was trying to tell me earlier actually :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment