Friday 3 July 2009

Some thoughts pre-Tuffley show

Have trained my girlie twice this week, and have crystalised some of the thoughts I have about our weaving problem. Basically we're looking at a lack of self-control which stems from the great job I did teaching her that weaves are fun. So here's the deal; I created this problem so I can solve it by injecting some control in front of the weaves. More specifically, I will get her to 'Down' before the weaves and won't let her complete them unless she has complied. Ella has such fantastic self-control in her startlines and contacts, that I must take heart - this problem isn't an eternal thing. She has the brains and the ability to get this right, she might just need a bit of short-term help.

Most importantly, when I set out tomorrow with her I will be setting out with one of the most amazing dogs God ever put breath into. My good thing of this agility weekend will be, as it always is, her.


"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be your faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

No comments:

Post a Comment