Saturday 1 August 2009

UKA Nationals week

Not much to report as I only went up on Thursday for the day and did the majority of the runs as NFC (not for competition). The reason for this was to proof Ella's weaves in the ring - I'm delighted to say she had 2 successes straight off, and was most surprised to find her toy in front of her as her reward :-) What I did find though was repeating them made her a bit cross! I realised afterwards that I only repeat the weaves in competition when she's gone wrong. Something to bear in mind in the future - in our 2nd round I should have just done a couple and then carried on. As a result of carrying on we had a few failures, which were down to her getting frustrated. Still, not a major concern and she managed 3rd in the Novice steeplechase later on. She wasn't really going for it which I think may have been to do with wanting to get it right as she felt like she'd been wrong earlier. She's such a teacher's pet :-))

Tonight I'm grateful for my parents for having the boys overnight last night which allowed Mike & I to go out to the cinema and have a lazy lie in this morning. Bliss :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment