Thursday 15 October 2009

Post-agility season blues

I am definitely having withdrawal symptoms now that weekends don't involve agility shows - I do worry about what this says about me as a person, but there it is! This is not helped by my lovely dog being off work for two weeks (hopefully only 3 more days to go - and counting!) which has meant I'm not getting to enjoy any agility training with my dog at all. This has led me to thinking about next years puppy plans, as it would definitely ease my blues if I had another dog to train right now.

I have a number of different ideas about what next year might hold for me on the dog front, and I'm both excited and daunted by the options available to me. But what I do know is that even without a new puppy, next year is going to be a challenging and enjoyable one because of the amazing dog I already run in agility. Ella requires me to be precise, well-informed, quick thinking and positive - to name just a few qualities she demands! I sometimes find it hard to be the agility partner that she deserves, but what's lovely about her is that she forgives generously and is always ready to give me another chance. When I re-read what I've written, I realise that our dogs probably teach us more than just what it is to be a good agility partner.

Today I am grateful for the many special moments that shone on my little world throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment