Tuesday 20 October 2009

Another week to go..

We went up to the SMART clinic again on Monday, and whilst Kai is dramatically better, Ella could really do with another week off. I have no desperate problem with that, only that I love training my special girl and I miss it! Made up for it a bit tonight by joining a KC Good Citizen class along with Lel & Hattie. I think they were both surprised when we led them into a room with no agility equipment, but more than happy to take the treats that were being freely handed out for what I'm sure they consider quite basic behaviours! I was especially pleased with Ella's loose lead walking - was starting to have a touch of the heelwork about it. I can always trust her to give her very best, and tonight was no exception.

What Lel and I found great about both girls, was their eagerness to offer behaviours in a bid to work out what was required of them. Hattie in particular has never done much in the way of obedience work, but was happy to try things out to see if it would earn her a reward. I think this is testimony to their great work ethics and a reminder of how important it is to lay a solid foundation right from the start of a relationship with a dog.

Today I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work my dog and for the aptitude she showed in every task I asked of her. I feel blessed to have owned and worked such fabulous dogs in my short time as a dog trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment