Sunday 1 November 2009

In pursuit of excellence..

This is going to be short - it's been a very long weekend! Just wanted to post how pleased I was with my clever, talented and beautiful collie dog tonight. Since having 3 weeks off agility, she has come back fitter and possibly even better than she was before. There is a little rust to be dusted off my handling skills, but tonight we had a final exercise which was the cherry on top of a very good session. The 'scoop' skill which I had found so difficult and frustrating just a few days earlier at Martin Tait's training venue in Hinton, I applied to the finish of an exercise that led into the weave poles. My timing was spot on and she turned from into me, over the jump and through the weaves. Needless to say I was delighted, but to top it off Martin clapped us - he actually clapped us as we had finished!! :-)

Tonight I'm glad that I had the courage to put into practice something that I had recently found difficult. We cannot achieve excellence if we don't push beyond our comfort zone, and our expectations should never limit us to an average performance. The sky is the limit, we can do anything if we only believe. And what a dog I have to believe in me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment