Monday 14 December 2009

"Gosh you have your hands full!"

Now admittedly I was a little tired when what felt like the HUNDREDTH person said this to me this morning when I was out walking the dogs, but really! What do they expect me to say?? How would they suggest I walk my dogs without the children being present, and frankly as my dogs are so lovely and generally well-behaved (note I don't say perfect!) I'm often in a better position to cope than the owners with one naughty dog! Okay, rant over!

Little Diva has now been home a week and Lel commented earlier that she's sparkier and more confident every time she sees her. I'm really pleased with that, I had hoped she was but it's sometimes difficult to be objective when you're with them all the time. We really are working hard on socializing opportunities and varying the context in which she experiences different things. Earlier I had to bring my friend Lizzie's horses in and as I was driving to Cardiff afterwards, I had them all out to give them a chance to go to the toilet whilst I was walking the horses in. Diva's face was a picture as she realised the scale of the 'dog' her mum was putting a headcollar on, but she trotted close by on the way back with no worries. Amazing considering the incredible size difference - a very brave little lady indeed!

Another long day ahead of me tomorrow so will sign off now, but just wanted to let everyone know how Diva's getting on. Thanks to everyone who keeps asking after her, I'm very pleased with her and I definitely made the right choice bringing her home.

Today I'm grateful for my canine teachers past and present, for giving me the knowledge to bring up Diva to be a strong, confident little dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment