Sunday 21 March 2010

Another busy weekend!

I am feeling quite tired out after a long, but nonetheless enjoyable weekend. Sue was away for an obedience training day so I manned the classes on my own on Saturday. Despite the rain I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as the dogs and handlers were on good form. We are lucky to have some very promising young dogs coming through, and I always find it exciting to watch how they grow and develop.

After teaching that morning I visited a couple for a 1-2-1 with their two rescue dogs, a happy-go-lucky Springer spaniel, and a Jack Russell terrier who's confidence needed a bit of a boost. They were doggy people in need of a bit of reassurance as much as anything, as this was the first time they had had rescue dogs. I'm pleased to report that they were doing all the right sort of things, but perhaps needed reminding that long lasting results quite often take a little time. It's a wonder that I'm any good at dog training at all really, when you consider that patience isn't exactly one of my strong points! :-)

In contrast today was a lovely Spring day, that had me flinging open the windows to let the sunshine and fresh air in. The house is now fairly tidy considering the number of occupants, especially the younger ones - Callum & Diva in particular! They are particularly keen on going through the contents of any bins they can reach - shredding tissues is a favourite for both! :-)

Finally I'm delighted to report that Diva has been allowed short durations of off-lead exercise since Wednesday's visit to the Smart Clinic, something that she has very much enjoyed. I have never known a small dog enjoy getting wet and muddy like my girl does - watching her gleeful runs after Ella has been a sight for sore eyes. I hope her recovery continues smoothly, but I think she's always going to keep me on my toes - only on Tuesday she banged her front right leg and had us worried enough to x-ray her. As Lowri pointed out to me on our visit to the Smart Clinic, what did I expect when I named her Diva?!

Today I am grateful for the signs of Spring time that are appearing all around me, and for the fact that as the days grow longer, the show season gets closer :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment