Sunday 28 March 2010

UKA Waverunners - Sunday 28th March 2010

Now had I realised that I was going to lose an hour of sleep because of the clocks changing, I may not have entered this show. But I won't grumble because it gave me the chance to run in 5 classes, and get an idea of how our weaves would hold up and what sort of consistency we can expect from each other. Ella came off better in the consistency stakes, but then I guess more people would have realised that :-)

Here's what we did, and the order in which we ran them:

Novice Steeplechase II - 1st
Beginners Snooker - 1st
Beginners Jumping - 2nd
Novice Steeplechase I - E (my handling mistake - sorry Elle!)
Beginners Agility - 5 for a knocked bar, 1st jump was a spread and I didn't handle this as well as I could have either!

Aside from my obvious delight at her rosettes, we had 100% weaves over the 3 courses that had them - 2 sets of 12, and 1 set of 6. It seems a bit of belief in her ability to complete them goes rather a long way :-)

Today I am grateful for my friend Bob Kempster who told me exactly what to do in the Snooker course, as otherwise I'm sure we wouldn't have even been placed!

No comments:

Post a Comment