Tuesday 21 April 2009

Great evenings training!

Well I said I'd probably post something after tonight's session, and sure enough here I go! We had great weather, a great group of dogs and handlers, and an even greater trainer - Martin Tait really had us thinking and everyone had a really enjoyable time. Lots to work on of course, even from those who appeared to have done it right - there's always room for improvement, always milliseconds to be shaved off our times. The dogs must love Martin coming along and sorting us out, they of course just follow our directions and I'm sure quite often wish it were them directing us! :-)

Ella & I had a good session and I'm pleased with what we achieved. My timing isn't as off as I had feared it might be, and although we had some broken waits and a self-released a-frame contact, these were corrected and weren't too much to worry about. Group sessions are fantastic for us because she's so hyped up watching the other dogs, it's closer to a show situation than we get during our 1-2-1 sessions. That said I'm looking forward to my 1-2-1 with Martin in a couple of weeks time. It'll be nice to really work through some of our issues and feel like we're getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment