Monday 4 May 2009

Great day!

This is going to be short - it's been a really long day! Severnside held yet another successful Spring show within the North Somerset show in Wraxall today. Lots of members were placed and their names announced over the tannoy, notably Lel & Hattie - winning Grade 2 Agility in their first Grade 2 class! Well done them, it's a great partnership and it's no surprise that they've done so well already this season. Plus some great work from Sara & Blaze, who went clear in Grade 1 jumping and was only just out of the placings. Definitely a dog to watch in the future.

What is a very pleasant surprise to me is that I'm able to post the news that Ella & I won Grade 1 Agility today, which means we are now a Grade 2 partnership after only our first Kennel Club show of the year! I'm thrilled, not least because all I really wanted or expected out of today was to nail those dratted weaves. She did just that, in the 3 classes with the dreaded obstacle - and I'm sure could have given me another 1st place in the jumping had I not turned too quickly and made her clip a pole down. I would have been satisfied with that, but am delighted with what I got.

Today I am grateful for Ella's win, the support of my husband and mum, my beautiful children and some great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment