Sunday 6 September 2009

Prestbury Park

What a lovely venue! It took around an hour and a quarter to get there, but was really lovely so will definitely want to enter next year. We worked a ring for Sue Yeo (Severnside's club chairwoman) with some great camaraderie, leg pulling and general merriment - lots of fun! One of the great things about the show was the fact that there were 4 runs per dog each day. Saturday started with the Team Dash event - 5 for a missed weave entry (handling error on my part), and 5 for a knocked pole - must keep mouth shut whilst Ella is jumping! Agility was next, 3 lovely held contacts, 12 weaves - trouble was in trying to straighten her up for the dog walk I sent her into the tunnel. A shame; as E's go it was a good 'un! Some great work in the collie jumping, just couldn't keep it up towards the end and made another E. Jumping at the end of the day was a good course (Sue Yeo's!) but messed up weaves part way through. Later investigation showed that during the day dogs had dug up the ground around the weaves and they weren't very straight at all. Not a great design of weaves really, Adams Agility don't normally have that issue. Last but not least, my gorgeous Kai-kai gave me a clear in the Any Size - broke his wait on the startline, but responded so well around the rest of the course I didn't have the heart to chastise him much. Never mind, some good things to go forward into Sunday with.

Only managed 3 of my 4 runs today - no exciting news either I'm afraid! Knocked bar in the Agility for 5 faults, but 3 perfect contacts and clean 6 weaves. Pairs jumping, perfect 12 weaves but so excited about that I didn't control her into the jumps that followed - durhh! Nice round otherwise though. Lastly, missed walking the 3-5 Agility so watched a few dogs go round before we had to leave and joined the queue. Didn't handle it as well as I would have liked, but did okay - until the last jump when I relaxed too early and pulled her off the final jump. Oooh could have kicked myself! Not desperately unhappy though - another perfect 12 weave poles. 100% record today - my clever girlie! :-))

Next weekend is Ella's first Grade 4 classes, which should be exciting. My plan this week is to be well rested going into the weekend, as I've been more tired than usual this weekend and I think it's shown in my handling. This years show campaign is nearly at a close so I just need to find some reserves to get me through these last few shows, and then I can rest up and take a little time off.

Today I am enormously grateful for the privilege of competing with two of the best dogs in the world, and doing so alongside such great friends and their precious dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment