Sunday 31 May 2009

Wye Valley

Just back from the most stunning weekend at Wye Valley's show - it's just the most beautiful venue! We've been blessed with sunshine, and after burning at last week's UKA show I'm pleased and proud to say I remembered the suntan lotion and I'm not my normal shade of red after a weekend in the sunshine!

No exciting winning news I'm afraid - Saturday felt a little like a warm up and Ella grew faster with each round. This morning she was a little on the bonkers side and as well as our usual niggles with the weaves, was self-releasing on contacts - almost unheard of!! Silly girl didn't want tea on Saturday night or breakfast Sunday morning, so I think she was running on nerves. I have some tricks up my sleeve to persuade her to eat for the next one - some wet food mixed into her normal ration will probably do the trick. The plus side of her lack of reserve was her speed which although bordering on out of control (!) showed me just what the rest of the season might hold. Fingers crossed anyway!

So just two clear rounds in the jumping today, and slow because of me making her 'Down' in front of the weaves. Working on a training plan which I can fit in around the boys, but should be able to come up with something.

Today I'm grateful for my wonderful if slightly mad (!) agility partner Ella, my fellow Severnside club mates for a fun alfresco dinner on Saturday night together, and my family for coming away to support me in my agility dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment