Thursday 4 June 2009

Group session at Dervish

Just back from fantastic training session with Ella. Joined Martin Tait's 8.30pm class at his indoor venue in Hinton and was very nervous to be rubbing shoulders with handlers from grades far above me! Apparently it was just what the doctor ordered - I'm proud to say I rose to the challenge and of course my wonderful dog didn't let me down. Especially pleased at how good her 'Wait' was tonight, easily one of the best in the class :-)


What was particularly lovely was tonight I was 'me' rather than Jamie & Callum's mummy. Now don't get me wrong - I adore being their mummy and they are the most gorgeous little boys. It's just I had forgotten how much fun I could have all by myself - it was great to rediscover parts of my personality which had lain dormant for the last couple of years!

Today I'm grateful for my husband for encouraging me to go out to training, Martin for being such a good friend & instructor, and those clever, clever dogs of mine. They've given my dreams wings and freedom to fly as high as I dare :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment