Sunday 28 June 2009

Another Lansdown done and dusted

Exhausted! But very pleased by how well another Lansdown show went, it's a real credit to both Severnside & Clifton agility clubs. Had a good day yesterday with a positive G1-2 Agility run (weave issue still there sadly!), and a fabulous (even if I do say so myself!) clear run in the Pedigree team event. Oooh she's good :-) Plus we were shades off winning the G1-2 Jumping at the end of the day, but my dozy dog ran over the last but one jump to the start line to find her toy for a job almost well done! Still, was very proud that Mark Douglas who was judging sought me out afterwards to tell me what a cracking round it was. She is a good girl, if a little dozy at times :-))

Today didn't quite pick off where we left off yesterday evening. Martin watched our rounds and felt she 'bullied' me into letting her do the weaves, so she wasn't controlled enough as she entered them and therefore made mistakes. I'm trying to take comfort from the fact that she now seems to be getting her entries okay, it's just bending back to complete them properly that's the problem now. Back to the drawing board!

However disappointed I might be not to have won a rosette this weekend though, I'm delighted at how many Severnside club members picked up. Notably one of the small Pedigree teams - 4 clear rounds earnt them first place and a place at Crufts 2010!! So we had a lovely pizza party with champagne on Saturday night to celebrate - it felt like a great achievement for the club, even those who aren't exactly small dog happy :-)) Then today, Caroline and Milo only went and won G2 Agility - she was shaking with excitement telling everyone, it was so lovely to see! Also Jan & Ruby went and won the G1 Jumping as well as being placed elsewhere too, Rhi & Jess placed, Rhi & Abbey placed, Helen & Eko won G3 Agility - I'm sure there were others but I'm so tired I can't remember properly!

So today I'm grateful for a lovely sunny weekend for our club show, the good fortune that shone on my friends, and my fantastic fabulous family for supporting me in what I love to do best. Great weekend all round really - roll on next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment