Thursday 25 June 2009

Golden Valley DTC Show

As I write this we're nearer Lansdown agility weekend than Golden Valley now, and I can't honestly tell you where the week has gone! We camped at Worcester last weekend along with Helen & Hattie next door for the first time. They enjoyed their weekend away and took away several placings - ladies I apologise profusely for not remembering exactly what! This is why I should write things down :-)

I do remember my own, if only because I have the rosettes on the dresser to remind me! Sue James & I ran in the pairs on the Saturday and came 2nd which was very exciting, and quite unexpected really. Ella's weaves were a bit dubious last weekend and there were 6 poles in the pairs class. But we did them, which I have to admit did cheer me up - well done Sue for not letting me back out of running her. Sunday was more positive again - 4 clears in the Team Dash for Severnside Red (or Green, memory failure again!) led to a 4th place, and just outside qualification for the final. Ella & I ran last and I didn't watch the others run, just focused on us. I'm glad I didn't realise everyone else had gone clear, I don't think it would have been good for my nerves :0)) Finally, Ella & I came 3rd in the Collie Sprint class (jumps & tunnels - no weaves - bliss!), with plenty of room for improvement on our time. It's nice to know she's competitive time-wise despite her handler ;0)

Ooh and that wasn't quite all - Hazel Tait let me run her Molly in the G6-7 Agility. Brain went a bit mushy as it was this run and then home, but I drove at the equipment and don't think I did too badly. Martin Tait may disagree though :-)

Anyway, have lots of agility thoughts that I'd like to write about, but have training this evening in Hinton so must go and have tea otherwise I'll be starving and won't be able to concentrate.


1 comment:

  1. I saw Ella's run in the collie sprint - wow she looked stunning :) i last saw her at the north somerset show at beginning of may when she won the agility, she looks like she has doubled in speed since then, you're gonna have so much fun with her :)

    ReplyDelete