Wednesday 7 July 2010

Lansdown Agility show, 26th-27th June 2010

My overriding memory of Lansdown 2010 will be the intense heat, like nothing we've ever experienced there before! You'll see from the picture below that the grass is looking very pale and bleached out, and it was more or less the same around the rings.

No exciting places had, but there were glimpses of the teamwork Ella and I are capable of in some of our runs. We're not completely right yet, but we're getting there! I'm not overly disappointed, only that we were very busy all weekend helping on the rings, and it doesn't leave a lot of time for our dogs. Another pizza party on the Saturday evening (which is becoming something of a tradition!) was a lovely way to unwind and recharge for the Sunday.

Unfortunately after the lovely weekend, Monday didn't start well, as I had a 'Speed Awareness' workshop to attend. It almost sounds like it could have been something exciting and agility related doesn't it?! Sadly not, it was as a result of speeding home from a show at Newbury. Regrettably the car ran out of petrol on the way to the workshop which meant I missed it, (£60) and then on re-booking (£30) for the afternoon, arrived 2 minutes late. They only accept people who are on time - so a very expensive day all in all :-(

Still, today I am grateful for my husband who took charge of the children at home all weekend whilst I was off gallivanting in Bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment